Search This Blog

Monday 30 January 2012

Happy Birthday Mr PC!

Happy 61st birthday to Phil Collins!

A very important person in my life - being a lifelong fan of his music (I say lifelong in a literal sense!) and Genesis fan for over 20 years - its safe to say that both sets of music have been the soundtrack to my life.

Its not just the music itself, its through the Turn It On Again Forum and the numerous gigs over the years, that I have met a huge group of like-minded and hopefully, lifelong friends spread out across the UK and beyond.

I remember when I saw him live in 1997, I was 10 years old and very excited to see my hero on stage - even to be in the same room with him was an incredible feeling. Even his backing singer pointed me out to him! My dad was lucky enough to have met him in 1980 - something I am very jealous about!

Seeing him come back to Genesis in 2007 was also a dream come true - I never thought it would happen. To see the 'tambourine dance' with my own eyes was special. And I fulfilled my dream three times over!

So thanks Phil, although we've never met - you've been a huge part of my life - not just mine but in many others.


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment